Friday, June 13, 2008

"Great events make me quiet and calm; it is only trifles that irritate my nerves."

So I work in an office building with three floors, and I'm on the third. My company is just on part of the third floor here, the rest of the people are across the street in another building. Apparently the companies on the second floor of this building moved out, and the new company is, as we say in the corporate world, "re-configuring" the space.

What this means to me is that, from what I can tell after many days of pondering this, is that the workers stand below my office, specifically my chair, and repeatedly bang on metal objects hanging from their ceiling with other metal objects AS HARD AS THEY CAN.

And it's not like the banging is a soothing rhythmic banging that you can get used to...it's BANG.....silence silence....BANG......BANGBANG.........silence silence silence.....BANG..silence.....BANGBANGBANG

I've considered my options should I actually fall through the floor, like will I leap to the left into my door, or to the right into my desk. It would be tough to leap backwards while falling. I've also thought I could hold onto my chair while falling, and probably just land safely in the middle of the workers down there.

sigh....

No comments:

Post a Comment