Saturday, March 16, 2013

Domelle FamilyTreeDNA Results

I received results for the Family Finder DNA test from FamilyTreeDNA - a few years back, my maternal Grandfather William Domelle indulged me by allowing me to send in his DNA and I finally ordered the Family Finder test in December.

The website says that the Family Finder test provides an analysis of ethnic percentages.  Here is what it says about my maternal grandfather, surname Domelle:


So basically, very European!!

This does fit perfectly with the research I've done on the Domelle family.

My Domelle line emigrated to the US from early 20th century Hungary (now modern Romania).  They identified themselves as ethnic Germans who migrated south from the Alsace-Lorraine region (the Donauschwaben).

My grandfather's haplogroup is R-M198 (which is also known as R1a1a apparently).

His mtDNA results put him in haplogroup H.

And now full disclosure:  I have no idea what any of this means!!!  I'm so glad I got my grandfather to take the test, but honestly I know absolutely nothing about what all this really means other than the obvious - that 25% of me is definitely European.  :-)




1 comment:

  1. Happy Blogiversary! I recently took a DNA test. Will be interesting to see the results. Maybe we should follow each other.

    Regards, Grant

    http://thestephensherwoodletters.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete