Monday, October 18, 2010

Obituary of Robert H. Patrick (abt. 1903 - 1963)

I'm continuing to publish the old newspaper clippings in my grandmother's collection. I had a great suggestion in the comments from my last post to type up the text so it gets picked up by search engines. May I say - what a great idea! And may I say, DUH, how could I not have thought of that? :-) So later I'll be updating the posts I've already done with text.

Anyway, today's obituary is for Robert H. PATRICK. He was the brother of my great-Aunt Mazie's husband, John Howard PATRICK.

The obituary is below. All identifying information was trimmed off of it, and the handwritten date is in my grandmother's handwriting.



Obituary text:

Robert H. Patrick

Geneva - Robert H. Patrick, 63, of Lyons Road, died unexpectedly at his home Wednesday. Funeral services will be at 2:30 p.m. Saturday at the Bennett Funeral Home. Rev. Richard L. Manzelmann, pastor of North Presbyterian Church, will officiate. Burial will be in Oak Lawn Cemetery, Town of Phelps.

Friends may call at the funeral home from 7 to 9 p.m. tonight and 2 to 4 and 7 to 9 p.m. tomorrow.

Mr. Patrick had served four years in the Navy as a machinist mate first class. He was presently employed as a machinist for the American Can Co.

He is survived by three brothers, Elmer C. Patrick, Stewart R. Patrick, both of Geneva, and John Howard Patrick of Eagle River, Alaska; several nieces and nephews.

No comments:

Post a Comment