Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Suggestions Needed for Professional Genealogist

Hello out there Genealogy friends! I am looking for suggestions for a professional genealogist I could contact who has in-depth knowledge of New York state (specifically the Finger Lakes region: like Tompkins, Tioga, Schuyler counties).

I've been trying to prove a father-son relationship between a couple generations and I think I'm finally ready to seek out some professional help! It's not easy for me to travel up to New York to visit the historical societies right now.

So if there is anyone you know that you could recommend, it would be much appreciated!


2 comments:

  1. You could check with Lisa Azlo, I think she's in Ithaca. Also Dick Halsey probably could point you to someone in the area.

    I haven't done much research in any of those counties. If you're looking for newspaper articles from the area check out Fulton History. If your search leads you further north in New York give me a shout and I'll help if I can.

    Apple

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry nobody has contacted you about this. I was hoping to read reports about this project. I am assuming you have done the census records, contacted town halls, obtained necessary records and such? I have a lot of New York, and have been very lucky with my research, but I suppose it depends on the time frame and location. Mine are in #2, 7, 8, 10 and 11. Feel free to write me, maybe I can help more.

    ReplyDelete