Wednesday, October 15, 2008

"So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish."

Well, it seems that the news from the Vet about Patches is not so good. Turns out one of the tumors removed was in fact malignant, and the doctor said in these cases, the cat usually will survive another 7-12 months. So it appears my little Patches has numbered days. Of course, there is a chance she'll be the percentage that is fine and lives several more years, but I have a bad feeling...that one tumor was pretty bad and nasty, and it got that way real sudden-like. I guess I will just be taking it a day at a time with her. At the moment, she is peppier than I have seen her in a long time, so I know for a fact she feels pretty darn good at the moment.

Apparently there is the option to give cats chemotherapy and all that, but I just can't do that to her. I don't know what I'll do without her - she's not like a normal cat at all, doesn't carry a grudge, just wants to love and be loved. She's a little sweetie pie.

Bummer bummer bummer.

Here's my little Franken-kitty, although she looks lazy in this picture, don't be fooled. She has 17 stitches total but is leaping about all over the place at the moment. We go to the vet on friday to get them removed (and I can't imagine AT ALL how that's going to go......) and then we are home free until further notice.


1 comment:

  1. I love the hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy ref in ur title 1st of all....second of all, and most importantly~leah, I am so, so sorry to hear about Patches' bad luck. I'll be praying for her and her family, and though I hate to say it~no matter what, I have no doubt sweet Patches has had a phenomenal and blessed life with you and, hopefully in that, there is some comfort to be found...

    ReplyDelete