Thursday, January 21, 2010

Ode to My Family's History - 89th COG

The latest Carnival of Genealogy has a topic of poetry! We can write a poem on our family's history.

Here is my submission (and I apologize ahead of time!!!). :-)


O Woe is me!
My poor family tree
Is full of walls
Made of brick and concrete!

One is John Akins,
That scurrilous lad!
"Says" he’s from England,
Ha! That’s a laugh!

Ole Natty Turner,
Of Lamberton fame.
Born maybe in London,
Beyond that, fair game!

Great Grandma Lisbet,
A mysterious dead end.
The Obendorfer wall
In all directions extends!

Domelle O Domelle!
What’s your ethnicity?
German or Hungarian?
Or is it Tomele with a T?

Finally that Kirby!
My great-gram’s dad.
Census-takers must have
His info been forbade.

All of these walls,
All so dear to me!
I’ll never give up,
That I guarantee!

7 comments:

  1. Great job Leah! I admit that the "poem" I am working on is a difficult task. Should I add this or that? You have done a a terrific job! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that you chose to do this on your brick walls - great job! And I'm also intrigued by the Domelle/Tomele name.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so impressed, Leah. You are so talented!!! Sure would like to know if I am a Domelle or a Tomele???!! lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Greetings friend! I have awarded you a much deserved Bloggers Best Friend Award! You may pick it up at...
    http://taylorstales-genealogy.blogspot.com/2010/01/bloggers-best-friend-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great poem! Loved that you spun it around your brick walls! May you find that one of your walls 'tumbles' as a result of your poem!

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete